Protecting your personal account information is important to us.
Defending against malicious electronic activity is a partnership that Citizens Bank takes very seriously. We have provided this information so we can work with you to ensure the highest level of security and protection for your accounts.
There are risks when using online banking, mobile banking and your RED-e-SPEND reloadable card.
The most prevalent risk is the PC or mobile device you use for online banking could become infected with malicious software (malware). If this occurs, criminals could:
- Gain remote access control of your PC or mobile device.
- Have the ability to redirect your Internet activity through their PCs.
- Record and log your keystrokes and screens, including user IDs and passwords, or
- Inject false browser images on your PC or mobile device to trick you into performing functions that you thought were being performed with your bank.
To optimize the security of your online banking, mobile banking or reloadable card activity with Citizens Bank, we recommend the following best practices:
- Download Trusteer to the PC used for online banking. This software provides for a secure browser interaction with the online banking website and prevents malware from allowing criminals access to your online banking activity.
- Use good Internet browsing and email behaviors.
- Do not Internet “surf” disreputable sites.
- Do not click on links or open email attachments unless you know the source of the files and trust you were not sent a compromised link or attachment. When in doubt, delete the email without clicking the link or opening the file.
- If possible, have a dedicated PC or mobile device that is used solely for your most critical activity, like online banking, reloading RED-e-SPEND cards and use other PCs and mobile devices for web surfing and email.
Contact us immediately if you suspect fraud
If you notice anything unusual about your online banking, mobile banking or reloadable card experience, call us immediately at 1-888-493-5142, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You are protected from unauthorized transactions on your online banking or mobile accounts, but you also have some responsibilities.
Your protections and obligations related to your online banking or mobile banking account are provided in your Online Banking and Bill Payment Service Agreement.