Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
FirstMerit and our affiliated companies
What we do
How does FirstMerit protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does FirstMerit collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
- open an account or deposit money
- pay your bills or apply for a loan
- use your credit or debit card
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Our affiliates include financial companies with the FirstMerit name, such as FirstMerit Bank, N. A., FirstMerit Insurance Agency, Inc., FirstMerit Equipment Finance, Inc., FirstMerit Mortgage Corporation, FirstMerit Insurance Group, Inc., FirstMerit Title Agency, Ltd, FirstMerit Advisors, Inc., FirstMerit Financial Services, Inc., FirstMerit Community Development Corporation and FirstMerit Securities, Inc. and other financial companies, such as Mobile Consultants, Inc. and Midwest Financial and Investment Services, Inc.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Nonaffiliates we share with can include companies such as mortgage companies, insurance companies, direct marketing companies, survey companies, and nonprofit organizations.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include companies such as credit card companies and insurance companies.
Other important information
We also comply with applicable state law limitations on how we may share your personal information.
Print a copy